EOLC Forum » SPA 67  

Autor
Beitrag
Carsten Grelck

Herkunft: Schleswig Holstein
192 Beiträge
  SPA 67 

Hi guys,

I have some issues with the new SPA version. I am already using the lite and low texture version and I have still FPS-drops on SF.

System:
I5 with 4x 3,30GHz
AMD 6800 HD
Win 7

Using: Direct 3Dv2

Any suggestions to improve FPS.

Thanks & BR
Carsten

17.01.2015, 20:55  
Michi Kovacs

Herkunft:
24 Beiträge

Try silencing the sound.

Create a new wav file with no sound.
Find the name of the wav file in Spa67.dat
Rename the new wav file to the name found in the dat file.
Drop new soundfile into track folder.

Some have found this helps the fps along the S/F area. I think the soundfile is called announcer.wav, but I'm not sure

How much RAM do you have btw?

17.01.2015, 23:26  
David Breedveld

Herkunft: Holland
325 Beiträge

I had a huge framedrop near Burnenville and decided to race with the server version This is smooth driving on my slow pc. This is probably not the best solution though, just a quick fix for me to experience the smoothness of this track. Some solid objects are invisible.

Regards,
David

18.01.2015, 09:25  
Carsten Grelck

192 Beiträge

Hi Michi,

Thanks for the hint, will try it later. Dat file is quite huge.

It is 8GB RAM.

18.01.2015, 10:41  
David Breedveld

325 Beiträge

Zitat:
Original von Michi Kovacs
Some have found this helps the fps along the S/F area. I think the soundfile is called announcer.wav, but I'm not sure

Putting an empty crowd.wav and announce.wav in the sound folder of gpl will turn off the crowd sounds I think.

BTW. When I search for "wav" in spa67.dat, I find nothing.

Best regards,
David

18.01.2015, 12:12  
Fabian Casula

Herkunft: Switzerland
808 Beiträge

you better not put it in the sounds folder. just put it in the Spa67 folder.
anyway, the improvement isn't even noticable for most people with today's machines.

better to lower the drawing distance in the options.
Btw it shouldn't be set at 100 at any time anyway, instead set it to max. 99 for instance.

another way is to make sure your energy saving settings is not set to "ballanced" or even "saving".

18.01.2015, 13:10  
Claudio Callipo

Herkunft: Germany/Saarbrücken
658 Beiträge

Hi Carsten,

wenn du die "LITE 3D pack" Version installierst dann ist auf S/F automatisch der Streckensprecher und das Publikum aus!
Ohne irgendeinen neuen Ordner zu basteln.

Bringt aber nicht so viel. Ich habe auf S/F auch Frame einbrüche. Von nach der Spitzkehre bis kurz nach der Ziellinie.

18.01.2015, 13:17  
Carsten Grelck

192 Beiträge

Adding new empty .wav-files does not improve the FPS.
Drawing distance is at 77.

18.01.2015, 15:46  
David Breedveld

325 Beiträge

Hi Carsi,

These are 9 empty 3do files. Put them in the spa67 folder if you want to try it. I didn't tested it for spa67, but this method improved the framerate at monza10k. This will remove the pit people.
files: genpit1.3do to genpit9.3do

[URL=http://www.eolc.de/upload_area/879/copytospa67folder_removes_pitpeople.7z]http://www.eolc.de/upload_area/879/copytospa67folder_removes_pitpeople.7z[/URL]

If you want, for example, to remove pit1.3do, pit1u.3do, pit2.3do or pit2fla.3do, do this:

copy genpit1.3do to pit1.3do.
This will create an empty pit1.3do, but I don't think we want that

Regards,
David

18.01.2015, 16:19  
Jens Kraft

Herkunft:
4457 Beiträge

there should be a reply on the last post, cause it also helped in monza 2k FULLY

btw:
is any of the guys using PRIBLUDA? its also part of the problem and u need to just select the standard Fonts so you wont have any D3D override on the prib fonts

21.01.2015, 16:01  
Jens Kraft

Herkunft:
4457 Beiträge

Maybe you know:

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ucau77iVndk#t=333[/URL]

here you have:

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB1yZzZhxlQ[/URL]

21.03.2015, 18:37  
Radek Petera

Herkunft:
535 Beiträge

Zitat:
Original von Jens Kraft
there should be a reply on the last post, cause it also helped in monza 2k FULLY

btw:
is any of the guys using PRIBLUDA? its also part of the problem and u need to just select the standard Fonts so you wont have any D3D override on the prib fonts

I have this problem even when I'm using fontFace = standard. I have to set a quite small font size and useOldSectorTimeFormat = 1. Then I see everything that I need.

21.03.2015, 21:40  
Radek Petera

Herkunft:
535 Beiträge

I raced here last year but I can't load the track again : Could not load the track What could go wrong? I deleted the track and installed again and still not working. With or without gem.

PROBLEM SOLVED . I finaly used my experience from track-editing-years. I unpacked the huge dat file, replaced textures by low-res and it works! My poor maschine was probably not able to load the huge dat file. Strange, I haven't changed my configuration since the last race

06.02.2016, 19:11  
Fabian Casula

808 Beiträge

Radek, use this "4GB-patch" (you will patch GPL.exe so better create backups before you use it !!).
[fyi: I patched it myself to solve the issues with Spa67, so I'm not recommending you something, which I wouldn't use myself.. ]

it should solve most of the "out of memory" issues (which manifests as "could not load the track" error).

other than that you would have to install "lighter" versions of Spa67.
note that "could not load the track" may even occur on the lightest install at times.
so, go with the 4gb patch. it helps in most cases.

[URL=http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php]4GB-patch[/URL]

PS: don't deal with this patch "5 minutes before the race", in case you run into issues... do it a couple of hours ahead. just to be on the safe side...
gl

Edith: oh, I was too slow

06.02.2016, 19:58  
Radek Petera

Herkunft:
535 Beiträge

thanks anyway

I'm using the lite version, the problem was there was still the big dat file. Quite inconventient, they should issue a lite version dat file and not only extra files. Fortunately I knew how to unpack it.

I still don't understand why it worked last time and not now. I restared PC and didn't run anything else, it didn't help anyway

06.02.2016, 20:17  
Fabian Casula

808 Beiträge

yea. I used to have the same problem. sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't even though I didn't change anything or made a fresh reboot.

06.02.2016, 21:01  

Read-only archive of the EOLC forum powered by: Burning Board 1.1.1b © 2002 WoltLab GbR