Forum Archive        Main Page EOLC
EOLC Forum » GPL OvalCup 2014  

Autor
Beitrag
Kelvin Mace

Herkunft: Bayern
825 Beiträge
GPL OvalCup 2014 

Hi guys, the Oval-Season is about to begin next week (21st Feb.) with the season opener at Loudon .

Here’s a brief summary what’s new in this year’s Oval-Cup.

1. First of all, and believe me that was not a political decision, the Oval-Cup for GPL moved over to our friends @ [URL=http://gpl-geli.de/]GELI[/URL] (G-league). The only chance to keep oval racing in GPL alive is a bigger grid, so when the racers are not coming to the cup, let’s bring the cup with it’s remaining die hards to the racers.
2. Race day for all the events will be on Fridays. ..and here’s the [URL=http://www.eolc.de/upload_area/717/Oval-Cup2014%20schedule.pdf]SCHEDULE[/URL] *
3. Race mode is set to PRO !! so pit stops are no longer possible!
4. No more single lap qualifying! You can run as many laps in practice as you want to! But the restriction is: If you wreck the car so that you are unable to make it back into the pits under your own power, our practice session (Qualy) is done .
5. The 2014 schedule includes seven races and you are only allowed to race each chassis once. So pick our poison! There will be no bonus points for weaker chassis.
6. You do not have to see the chequered flag to get championship points! Points will be assigned to the racers according to finishing order.
7. Due to the GELI-rules, there will be no ReKo!
8. At the end of the season the top 3 championship point leaders will deserve a trophy .
9. All the EOLC oval regulars who haven’t raced in G-League (GELI) yet, are allowed to take part without doing the 'GELI-newbie-orientation-program'. You don’t need an extra registration to be a part of the oval events, but you need to registrate @ GELI if you haven’t done yet.

So let’s get ready to cranck it up guys! Just one week left! Prepare your machines for a good old oval dash at Loudon, New Hampshire .

Any questions, feel free to ask

C U soon, Kelvin

* due to some mayor freezing issues the season’s final venue will not be Rockingham !
So the famous Grenzlandring will the place to be.

13.02.2014, 23:13  
Michi Kovacs

Herkunft:
24 Beiträge

@9 Although I'm not a regular oval racer here, mostly due to time constraints, I've done 2 or 3 with you over the years. Does that qualify me as a regular?

16.02.2014, 15:47  
Kelvin Mace

825 Beiträge

Zitat:
Original von Michi Kovacs
@9 I've done 2 or 3 with you over the years. Does that qualify me as a regular?

Well, to be honest there is no clear definition of an oval regular .
But considering, that your attendance to the EOLC OvalCup dates back till 2010 you are definitely not a rookie anymore . Beside that, and correct me if I’m wrong, you also made lots of GPL online race in different leagues, so you know the drill .
You’re good to go Michi! Just sing up @ G-league.
Looking forward to see you back on track again.

Regards, Kelvin

16.02.2014, 19:25  
Colin Bentley

Herkunft:
21 Beiträge

Thanks for posting the info here Kelvin.

Will there be a pace lap ?

Col

p.s. Hi Michi, hope you can make it.

18.02.2014, 16:33  
Kelvin Mace

825 Beiträge

Zitat:
Original von Colin Bentley
Will there be a pace lap ?

Hi Col,
and thanks for this hint . Indeed, there will be a pace lap, as usual on ovals. But there’s a minor variation, too. To my knowledge, pace lap’s running order will be single-file due to safety reasons. That was the deal in recent history and I’m sure this procedure remains this year.

Best regards, Kelvin

18.02.2014, 17:18  
David Breedveld

Herkunft: Holland
325 Beiträge

Hi

Meeting time is 20:00 in VROC chatroom G-LEAGUE for the race at Loudon. See [URL=http://www.gpl-geli.de/Geli/termine.html]http://www.gpl-geli.de/Geli/termine.html[/URL]

Best regards,
David

21.02.2014, 17:50  
Colin Bentley

Herkunft:
21 Beiträge

Cheers David , thanks for clarifacation Kelvin ... single file seems sensible

21.02.2014, 18:52  
Fabian Casula

Herkunft: Switzerland
808 Beiträge

Thanks Kelvin for the summary. It's good reference whenever forgetfulness strikes....

21.02.2014, 22:20  
Bastian Grupp

Herkunft:
450 Beiträge

Do i have to register in the Geli Forum only ?

12.05.2014, 14:58  
David Breedveld

Herkunft: Holland
325 Beiträge

Zitat:
Original von Bastian Grupp
Do i have to register in the Geli Forum only ?

Yes, that's correct.

BTW I received the Geli password in their VROC chatroom when I joined them for the first time.

Good luck

Best Regards,
David

12.05.2014, 19:20  

Read-only archive of the EOLC forum powered by: Burning Board 1.1.1b © 2002 WoltLab GbR