Beitrag [  1  2  3    »  ]
Olaf Lehmann

Herkunft: Lichtenstein
2167 Beiträge
2014? 

Hello!

Dieses Jahr ist die Frage weniger: Was wollt ihr 2014? sondern eher:

1. Ist eine Saison 2014 nach Carstens Rücktritt überhaupt möglich? Und:

2.Gibt es noch ausreichend Fahrer, dass es Sinn macht (und die laufenden Kosten getragen werden können)?

Zu 1.: Größtes Problem, das ich sehe: Wir bräuchten jemand der die Challenge betreut, Serverstart etc. Carsten hatte das ja in den letzten Rennen noch übernommen, obwohl er nicht mehr mitgefahren ist. Längerfristig funktioniert so etwas natürlich nicht. Es wird sich niemand die Abende freihalten, wenn er nicht mitfährt.
Ansonsten sehe ich noch die Alternative die Challenge zu modernisieren und auf den im DD gefahrenen Patch umzustellen. Dann gäb es einen Serverstarter.

Zur zweiten Frage kann ich nur sagen, was ohnehin bekannt sein dürfte: Ich habe kein Interesse an normalen INTrennen, und für PROrennen sind es mir zu wenige Leute. Aber ich kenne eine Alternative, die ich sehr gerne fahre…

This year the question isn’t: What do you want in 2014?
The questions are:

1. Is a season 2014 possible without Carsten?

2. Are there enough drivers (the web-/race server cost some money)?

To 1.: The biggest problem, that I see: We need a Challenge admin (serverstart, etc. for Challenge races ) If anyone have interest post it here.
An alternative would be to drive the Challenge with the same patch like the DD Cup. In this case I know a server starter.

To 2.: I can only speak for me: I haven’t interest for normal INT races and for PRO races we are not enough drivers, but I know an interesting alternative…

Regards
Olaf

30.12.2013, 10:53  
Bastian Grupp

Herkunft:
450 Beiträge

Moment mal - Carstens Rücktritt ?

Habe noch keine offizielle Mitteilung gefunden.
Das darf nicht sein....du kannst uns nicht alleine lassen...

30.12.2013, 11:20  
Carsten Theile

Herkunft: Dresden
3884 Beiträge

Zitat:
Habe noch keine offizielle Mitteilung gefunden.
I won't be taking over administrative responsibilities next year. I'll stick around, though.
As for racing, I don't want to do the Challenge anymore. Other cups, we'll see. (EDIT: let me rephrase that. I'd just like to enjoy the races. If there's an EOLC cup that looks promising, I'll consider it.)

Kind regards,
Carsten

30.12.2013, 12:24  
Bastian Grupp

Herkunft:
450 Beiträge

Ok Carsten, maybe you can make a proposal for an interesting Cup.

As for myself, i find Olaf's mod too dificult, but i would race it with you, better than none.
I just have to look, i won't be always at home on Sunday evenings. But most likely the best racing day.

30.12.2013, 13:12  
Pedro_Berg.vd

Herkunft: Holland
1310 Beiträge

First of all ....... THANKS CARSTEN !!!
Thanks for all the work you have done for us and for keeping EOLC alive the last years
Thanks Teamy Catse !
I still hope to see u on track sometimes / anywere

My 2 cents For 2014:
Olaf I did liked the DD races last year
If this continues I will try to join if it doesn't interfere with the mod races at GPLRacers.DE.
I didn't drive last years Callenge cup because I am not intersted in standard Papi tracks anymore.
The same counts for 2014.

I hope EOLC continues to exist in 2014.
Especially the fun events are fantastic and would be sadly-madly missed!

Good Luck All
Have a incredible 2014
Greetings Pedro.

31.12.2013, 15:47  
Bastian Grupp

Herkunft:
450 Beiträge

Someone who knows how is setting up a Monza 10k Server this evening ?

01.01.2014, 12:59  
Olaf Lehmann

2167 Beiträge

Der Racekalender wird demnächst kommen (ich warte noch auf die Kalender der Ligakonkurenz, damit es zu keinen Überschneidungen kommt).

Als Vorabhinweis aber schon mal (damit ihr schon wisst was ihr trainieren solltet): Das erste Rennen wird in Kyalami stattfinden, (bereits am 12.01. oder 19.01.).

An info: The new calender will be publicated in the next days (after the publication of the calender of an other league).
But an info: The new season will be startet at Kyalami on 01/12 or 01/19.

Regards
Olaf

01.01.2014, 22:14  
Adnan Dizdarevic

Herkunft: Michigan
258 Beiträge

Hello together,

After quite absence from EOLC I am probably not entitled to suggest changes, but why don't we think about reform of EOLC for a second? It would be cool if all interested in the continuation of the league would offer proposals. It may be possible to achieve something attractive for many and put some fresh wind in the league.
My 20 cents would be:
1) Create only one cup, keep calling it EOLC and run it over 20 races, for example, during the year. It would under other things simplify administrative tasks.
2) It seems that less and less people are motivated with original tracks. Why do we have to keep them all? We could split them in three groups and run only a few each year. Rest of the races in the year can be run with add on ones (include few ovals? Why not?)
3) It seems that many liked DD rules. Why don't we run it in that format only?
4) At this time, one EOLC event, takes 90 minutes approximately (Qualy 30; Race 60). Why not change it to 10 minutes qualy runs and two 40 minutes heats, second one starting in reverse order. Due to short qualy in first and reverse order in second heat, grid would get nice mix and we would get more racing action opposed to wasting our concentration in getting that "perfect" qualy lap in 30 minutes session.
5) Run the race under pro rules with limited S+R or none of it if majority does not like aspect of resetting it at any time.
6) Get me and only me opportunity to run the league with 69 car while all the others are in 67. Carsten 65 although we can reevaluate his speed after first 5 races.
Maybe we can come up with some good compromise that will get us back full time to EOLC and make us want to race in other places only when there is no activity here.
It always was and still is a great place with fantastic people and I would hate to see it go.

02.01.2014, 23:51  
Chris Gietzelt

Herkunft:
266 Beiträge

Mein Senf:

67er Rennen fahre ich mit, Mods, Patches nicht.

Wäre schön, wenigstens einen normalen 67er Cup zu erhalten und mit diesem Beitrag auch die EOLC.

Gruß - Chris

03.01.2014, 12:16  
Carsten Grelck

Herkunft: Schleswig Holstein
192 Beiträge

Hi guys,

Over the last years I am playing less and less GPL, because of less people driving and less challenge in the races.
During my Honda years I practiced hard to get faster to compete with all the fast drivers. Nowadays I drive ~5rounds before qualy to get a feeling and that’s it (for known tracks). GPL is the only racing game which I played the last years, but slowly I am looking towards an alternative.

I preferred and prefer to participate at the challenge races most. Double Dash was ok, but could be very frustrating due to the quite funnoying modifications.

For the next session I would participate for races in the challenge cup and maybe Double Dash.

03.01.2014, 14:07  
Olaf Lehmann

2167 Beiträge

Zitat:
Wäre schön, wenigstens einen normalen 67er Cup zu erhalten
Das sind fromme Wünsche, die nicht weiterführen.

Ich dachte eigentlich, ich hätte mich im ersten Post Punkt1 klar ausgedrückt.
Wenn die Challenge im INT Modus verbleiben soll, wird jemand benötigt der den Cup betreut (Serverstart, Datenbank befüttern, Replays hin- und herladen...).
Ich stehe für den Job nicht zur Verfügung. Ich verbringe meine Zeit damit meine Hobbys zu pflegen. Ich bin nicht Mutter Theresa oder so (außer am Neujahrstag mal).

Es müssen schon diejenigen, die die Challenge in ihrer bisherigen Form fortführen wollen, selber dafür sorgen, dass das auch geht. Bisher hat sich niemand bereit erklärt. Und es drängt absolut... Man sollte vor Beginn der Cups noch ein bisschen Werbung machen...

Ansonsten kommt praktisch nur die Alternative oder gar keine Challenge mehr in Frage.

Gruß Olaf

03.01.2014, 17:58  
Fabian Casula

Herkunft: Switzerland
808 Beiträge

sorry, ich weiss, das ist jetzt nicht konstruktiv, aber:
ich finde es eigentlich bedauerlich, dass man diese diskussion jetzt im Januar führt und nicht schon min. 3 monate früher.

aber anyway, is nun halt mal so.
aber mal ein anderer Punkt:

ich kann mir vorstellen, dass es vielleicht den einen oder anderen gibt, der evtl. gar nicht abgeneigt wäre, einen job zu übernehmen, aber es sich vielleicht nicht zutraut.

z.B.
"Hosten? Sorry, ich kenne mich nicht so gut mit Computer und Internet aus."

oder

"Datenbank und Replays pflegen? Leider kann gar nicht programmieren..."

Vielleicht wäre es also förderlich, wenn man mal paar Worte/Info dazu lesen könnte.
Und wenn es nur was in Richtung: "Keine Angst. Wir zeigen dir wie's geht. Alles ganz easy." ist.....

Ich hoffe, man versteht anhand der Satzbeispiele, worauf ich hinaus will.
gruss

03.01.2014, 19:31  
Carsten Theile

3884 Beiträge

Zitat:
Original von Fabian Casula
jetzt im Januar [...] und nicht schon min. 3 monate früher
[URL=http://www.eolc.de/board/thread.php?threadid=7882&boardid=26&page=1]oder mehr als ein Jahr früher; Punkt 1[/URL]

Gruß
Carsten

03.01.2014, 20:18  
Carsten Theile

3884 Beiträge

Die Trennung Admin/Nicht-Admin ist sowieso unsinnig. Es gibt nur Engagierte, Im-Geiste-Engagierte und Nicht-Engagierte.

Gruß
Carsten

03.01.2014, 20:48  
Carsten Theile

3884 Beiträge

Man kann es drehen und wenden, wie man will. Es führt zu keinem besseren Ergebnis. Man schiebt nur einem anderen die Schuld zu.

Aber vielleicht lernen wir hier, dass unsere Community auf Dauer nur so gut ist wie der Einsatz, den man selbst einbringt.

Gruß
Carsten

03.01.2014, 21:30  
Olaf Lehmann

2167 Beiträge

Natürlich gibt es erstmal Anleitung wenn sich jemand bereit erklärt.

Programmmieren muss man nicht können. Man braucht nur Programme ausführen.

Ich hab so meine Probleme wenn ich die Ausflüchte immer höre.

Ich bin kein gelernter Programmierer, genau genommen hab ichs erst gelernt durch GPL und die Adminarbeit.
Genauso Serverstart, ich hatte vorher nie etwas damit zu schaffen. Stefan hat aber zu Rookiezeiten den Rookiestart gemacht und mir war das peinlich, weil der da ja gar nicht mitgefahren ist. Ich hab mich dann selber angeboten das zu lernen.

Wenn man was wirklich weil dann kann mans auch lernen...

Olaf

03.01.2014, 22:00  
David Breedveld

325 Beiträge

Hi all

I volunteer to do admin tasks for the Challenge Cup 2014:
- server start before the race
- manage serverreplays
- update standings
- etc.

This is the Challenge Cup like it has been over the years: papy tracks, about 1 hour's race, Shift-R allowed. About 7 tracks, including Hatzi's Spa if possible.

- Is this concept okay with you? Are you interested in the Challenge Cup run this way?
- Who would like to tell me how to do server starts or database tasks?
- Is anyone interested in being the backup server starter of the Challenge Cup? It's unlikely I will miss a race, but just in case.
- Who wants to choose tracks and dates for the Challenge Cup?

If we run both the Challenge Cup and the Tyre Wear Cup, I think we have something interesting for most of us. (GELI has the oval cup and PRO racing. GPLRacer has mods.)

What do you say?

Regards,
David

04.01.2014, 12:44  
Carsten Grelck

Herkunft: Schleswig Holstein
192 Beiträge

Hi,

I can do the backup.

We should find a spot for a "learning" season.

04.01.2014, 14:27  
David Breedveld

325 Beiträge

Thanks Carsi
I'm glad about that!
Maybe an admin would like to meet us in the EOLC chatroom of VROC.
Or to write "How to" information in the TechHelp forum.

Regards,
David

04.01.2014, 15:13  
Olaf Lehmann

2167 Beiträge

Ah!

David, Carsten I send you a server instruction per Mail, unfortunately in german. I think Carsten is a faster translator than me...

David: Now you should be in admin status and see the admin forum. If you have technical questions you can post this in this part of the forum.
Carsten hat ja schon Adminstatus...

04.01.2014, 16:15  

Read-only archive of the EOLC forum powered by: Burning Board 1.1.1b © 2002 WoltLab GbR