Track: Miloval Sun August 09 2013

RACE RESULTS (After 76 laps)
Pos No Driver Team Nat Laps Race Time Diff
1 7 Carsten Theile Ferrari GER 76 64m57.073s
2 9 David Breedveld Ferrari HOL 76 64m57.323s 00.250s
3 17 Harald Podzielny Ferrari GER 76 65m02.329s 05.256s
4 11 Kelvin Mace Ferrari USA 76 65m02.332s 05.259s
5 14 Claudio Callipo Ferrari ITA 76 65m02.336s 05.263s
6 18 Fabian Casula Ferrari SUI 75 65m18.844s 1 lap(s)
7 6 vacant Ferrari GER 47 41m03.921s 29 lap(s)
8 3 vacant Ferrari GER 35 30m16.397s 41 lap(s)
9 8 vacant Ferrari GER 34 30m15.659s 42 lap(s)
10 16 Mario Wilhelm Ferrari GER 30 26m51.097s 46 lap(s)
11 2 vacant Ferrari GER 16 15m32.413s 60 lap(s)
12 10 vacant Ferrari GER 8 7m33.107s 68 lap(s)
13 15 vacant Ferrari GER 4 4m00.734s 72 lap(s)
14 12 vacant Ferrari GER 4 4m00.872s 72 lap(s)

Qualy:
Alles sauber

All clear

Startcrashzone:
Alles sauber

All clear

Protests:

1813 A Automatik 31:21 Lasse Oetinger/Axel Cordt
1814 A Automatik 31:25 Axel Cordt/Harald Podzielny
1815 A Automatik 31:26 Lasse Oetinger/Claudio Callipo

Zwischen Oettinger und Cordt kommt es zur Berührung und fliegen ab. Podzielny und Callipo können den außer Kontrolle geratenen Ferraris knapp entkommen.
Da Auslöser des Zwischenfalls zwei nicht für den Oval-Cup gemeldete Starter waren, wird Protest 1813 bis 1815 annulliert.

A collision between Oettinger and the lapped car of Cordt causes both cars to spin out. Podzielny and Callipo barely missing the cars careened out of control.
Due to the fact, that two non Oval-Cup starters triggered the collision, protest 1813 to 1815 will be cancelled

1816 A Automatik 1:05:43 Carsten Theile/David Breedveld

Theile setzt in der letzten Runde es Rennens in Kurve vier zum finalen Überholmanöver an Breedvelds Ferrari an. Breedveld entscheidet sich für eine hohe Linie. Theile (mit dem Schwung aus dem Windschatten) zieht links neben Breedveld, kann aber am Ausgang von Kurve 4 seine Linie nicht ganz halten. Theiles Ferrari zieht nach innen, es kommt zur Kollision mit Breedveld, der abfliegt und hart in die Boxenmauer einschlägt.
GELB Theile § 5.10

Down to the wire! Last Lap, last Turn! Breedveld chooses a high line in turn 4. Theile steps out of the draft to slingshot Breedveld on the outer-outside. At the exit Theile couldn’t hold a straight line, and his Ferrari moves to the inside. A minor collision with Breedveld occurs (at over 200mph), causes Breedveld to slam hard head on into the pitwall.
Yellow Theile §5.10

[URL=http://www.eolc.de/Kelvin/pics/Monza/T4_exit.jpg]The heat of the moment[/URL]

Pit Stops:
NONE

At the end of the day:

Strafen / Penalties
1x Yellow / Carsten Theile [IMG]http://www.eolc.de/media/images/card_yellow.gif[/IMG]

16.10.2013, 10:26  
David Breedveld

Herkunft: Holland
325 Beiträge

Thanks for the analysis, Kelvin. I think I should have given you more room, Carsten. This would have prevented the crash. The track is narrowing there.

Anyway, I enjoyed this race very much.
See you at Rafaela

David

16.10.2013, 21:50  
Carsten Theile

Herkunft: Dresden
3884 Beiträge

Hi David!

Thank you for your comment. It is much appreciated.
From my point of view, our coming-together was a racing incident; 50/50. We should have given each other more room.

Hello Kelvin,

thanks for your analysis.

I appeal against your decision on protest 1816.

I acknowledge that, in the moment of the collision, I was approximately 2 rear tyre widths (or 2/5 of a car width) off the left side track border.

You are referring to rule 5.10, the blindspot rule. It is worth pointing out that all the while I was in David's blindspot, he moved an entire car width towards the left.
For a bit of visualisation, [URL=http://puu.sh/4RIxI.jpg]please click here[/URL].
([URL=http://www.eolc.de/upload_area/538/miloval_asphalt.7z]Asphalt Texture[/URL])

Kind regards,
Carsten

17.10.2013, 00:20  
Kelvin Mace

Herkunft: Bayern
825 Beiträge

Zitat:
Original von Carsten Theile
I appeal against your decision on protest 1816.

I acknowledge that, in the moment of the collision, I was approximately 2 rear tyre widths (or 2/5 of a car width) off the left side track border.

You are referring to rule 5.10, the blindspot rule. It is worth pointing out that all the while I was in David's blindspot, he moved an entire car width towards the left.

Thank’s for your line of reasoning Carsten.

Protest 1816 will be under review.

17.10.2013, 19:55  
Harald_Podzielny

Herkunft: Essen/NRW
1400 Beiträge

Danke für die Reko

Gruß
Harry

btw. kann es sein das die Datenbank etwas hinkt? ...Steckbrieflich gesehen

17.10.2013, 19:57  
Carsten Theile

3884 Beiträge

Hi Kelvin,

is there any news regarding protest 1816?

Kind regards,
Carsten

16.11.2013, 13:48  
Kelvin Mace

825 Beiträge

Zitat:
any news regarding protest 1816?

I’m sorry to say, nothing has been done so far . It’s on top of the (to do) list. Unfortunately I’m very busy the next few days. But I assume that it will be done before, or shortly after, the final challenge race at Spa. .. I promise!

Thank’s for your patience, Kelvin

17.11.2013, 20:42  
Carsten Theile

3884 Beiträge

No problem, I might skip Calder Park anyway.

Kind regards,
Carsten

18.11.2013, 17:55  
Kelvin Mace

825 Beiträge
  zum vergleich 

ReKo double-checked the incident.

Zitat:
It is worth pointing out that all the while I was in David's blindspot, he moved an entire car width towards the left.

To charge Breedveld, that he has changed lanes in the 3rd or 4th -turn although you were racing in his blind spot requires a separate protest. That couldn’t (or mustn’t) be analyzed as no protest relating to this incident was received. Whether Breedveld’s behaviour was within the rules or not isn’t the subject of the accident analysis to protest 1816! Because…

As we look at the racing scenario in the left side of the [URL=http://www.eolc.de/Kelvin/pics/Monza/T4_exit.jpg]picture[/URL] above we see (in defiance of all prior accusation) a clean racing situation. Both racing machines are straightened; all that’s left is just a drag race to the finish. There is approx. 1,4 ferrari widths breathing room for the car on the outside. Facing the task to finalize only a straight sprint to the finish is a solvable mission. For comparison: In the 3 way battle for 3rd Podzielny is facing the same problem and has no issues of keeping his car straight.
Considering the insane speeds of 200mph each driver should be anxious to avoid a collision. Checking the replay over and over again, it seems by all indications that Theile is caught by surprise as his car races near the roadside he cares more about keeping his car away from the roadside (in this particularly racing situation not mandatory, but legit, if no one is harmed caused by over correcting) than just aiming straight towards the finish. Whereas Podzielny (fighting for 3rd) keeps his Ferrari purposely straight along the roadside without the intension of moving towards the inside at all.
It that given racing situation Theile’s move was unsuitable, as a result his Ferrari causes a collision according to § 5.10.; in addition, considering the GP-era which is simulated in GPL this kind of spirit (§5.03) should always be in the back of our minds when racing. I can’t even imagine that under these circumstances (open wheels; 200mph; maintain racing straight) in the mid to late 60s GP-racing a collision ever had happened.

-------

Nachdem die ReKo die Situation nochmals unter die Lupe genommen, hat wird der Einspruch von Theile zurückgewiesen.
Zitat:
It is worth pointing out that all the while I was in David's blindspot, he moved an entire car width towards the left.

Der Vorwurf Breedveld hat einen Spurwechsel in T3-T4 vollzogen, obwohl du in dessen Toten Winkel warst wäre ein separater Protest, dieser kann (und darf) hier nicht analysiert werden, da kein Protest eingelegt wurde. Ob die Aktion von Breedveld nun sauber war, oder nicht, ist auch nicht Gegenstand der Analyse zu Protest 1816! Denn…
Betrachten wir das Szenario links im [URL=http://www.eolc.de/Kelvin/pics/Monza/T4_exit.jpg]Bild[/URL] erhält man allen vorherigen Aktionen zum trotz eine saubere Rennsituation: Die beiden Fahrzeuge sind ausgerichtet, es ist lediglich ein gerader Sprint zur Ziellinie zu vollenden. Die Außenbahn hat eine Breite von etwa 1,4 Ferraribreiten. Aber angesichts der Aufgabenstellung, dass hier nur noch ein gerader Sprint zur Linie zu vollenden ist, eine lösbare Aufgabe. Zum Vergleich: Im Dreikampf um P3 steht Podzielny vor der gleichen Herausforderung und kann seine Spur halten.
Angesichts der irrwitzigen Geschwindigkeiten von 320 Km/h sollte jeder Fahrer in erster Linie darauf bedacht sein eine Kollision zu vermeiden. Im Replay wirkt es so, als sei Theile vor allem darum bemüht vom Streckenrand wegzukommen (in der Rennsituation nicht zwingend Notwendig, aber legitim wenn durch die Korrektur niemand zu schaden kommt), wohingegen Podzielny (beim Kampf um P3) bewusst am Streckenrand seinen Ferrari auf Kurs hält um gar nicht erst Gefahr zu laufen zu kollidieren.
Der Schlenker von Theile’s Ferrari war in der Rennsituation unangemessen stark, dadurch verursacht er als aktives (offensives) Fahrzeug eine Kollision nach § 5.10 und auch angesichts der GP-Ära die in GPL simuliert wird, sollte jener Spirit (§5.03) immer im Hinterkopf mitfahren. Ich kann mir beim besten Willen nicht vorstellen, dass es unter diesen Umständen (freistehende Räder; 320Km/h; das Fahrzeug ist auf einer geraden Linie zu halten) in dieser GP-Epoche eine Kollision gegeben hätte.

25.11.2013, 22:14  
Carsten Theile

3884 Beiträge

Hi Kelvin,

did you ask other drivers to review the incident? Did they decline?

Kind regards,
Carsten

26.11.2013, 17:02  
Kelvin Mace

825 Beiträge

Zitat:
did you ask other drivers to review the incident? Did they decline?

No I haven’t done that Carsten.

If you adamant, that this incident has to be investigated by another admin, I have no objections if you ask Yannick, Hatzi or even Herwig to do so.

I stated the facts in all conscience. Believe me, in case another driver had caused that collision it would have been much easier for me (as ReKo) to make this penalty call.

Sorry for causing inconvenience.
C U on track, Kelvin

26.11.2013, 22:11  
Carsten Theile

3884 Beiträge

Zitat:
Original von Kelvin Mace
If you adamant, that this incident has to be investigated by another admin, I have no objections if you ask Yannick, Hatzi or even Herwig to do so.
Those three are probably unavailable. What if I ask a non-admin?

Kind regards,
Carsten

26.11.2013, 23:21  

Read-only archive of the EOLC forum powered by: Burning Board 1.1.1b © 2002 WoltLab GbR