EOLC Forum » 2013/08/31  

Autor
Beitrag [  1  2  3    »  ]
Olaf Lehmann

Herkunft: Lichtenstein
2167 Beiträge
  2013/08/31 

Hello,

I wish all drivers a happy summer break! Have a lot of sunshine and calmness!
But...When you have boredom on a rainy day try [URL=http://www.eolc.de/board/thread.php?threadid=8166&boardid=5&styleid=1]this[/URL]. On 08/31 we plan to use this patch for a two hours pit stop race.
If you have any wishes...we need a track for the event...

Best Regards
Olaf

01.07.2013, 09:37  
Pedro_Berg.vd

Herkunft: Holland
1310 Beiträge

Thanks Olaf!

Happy holliday's

01.07.2013, 20:41  
Jens Kraft

Herkunft:
4457 Beiträge

pit stop race !!!!!!

FINALLY !

02.07.2013, 11:25  
Claudio Callipo

Herkunft: Germany/Saarbrücken
658 Beiträge

Mein Vorschlag wäre:
[IMG]http://www.eolc.de/upload_area/656/Dundrod%20Cover.jpg[/IMG]
11911 Meter in der freien Natur. Was gibt es schöneres als dort im Cabrio frei von jeglichen Geschwindigkeitsbegrenzungen dahin zu brausen

02.07.2013, 22:07  
Carsten Theile

Herkunft: Dresden
3884 Beiträge

Hi!

How about having agreed upon a track by Wednesday?

Just a personal opinion mostly... I think the track should fulfill the following criteria:[list][*] stable (no freezes. We know that best about the tracks we've run in previous seasons. If another league has run on a track several times without reported trouble, the track probably is reliable)
[*] easy to learn, difficult to master (most people want to hop in and yet face a decent challenge) -> few turns with plenty of elevation change along
[*] forgiving where it comes to off-road excursions. No haybales, guardrails etc. neighbouring on the racing surface. (Shift-R should not be required often. I still consider the race a test of Olaf's mod, which is about tyre wear -- a feature for which one has to do several clean laps in succession.)
[*] short in length (to comply with the "easy to learn" principle; minimum average laptime for a 2-hour race under the 125-lap limit: 57.6s; if you do require a tyre change after a Shift-R, it won't be a long way to the pits)
[*] a variety of slow corners and sweeping turns
[*] a working, easy-to-navigate pit lane (not too many people in the pits in front of your pit board)
[*] one section where drivers tend to put a wheel into the dirt, followed by a turn where the grip loss would be noticeable[/list]Kind regards,
Carsten

18.08.2013, 21:58  
David Breedveld

325 Beiträge

Zitat:
Original von Carsten Theile
I think the track should fulfill the following criteria:

What I think:

East London meets these criteria, but it has no elevation changes.
Oulton MC is a little harder to drive, but still quite forgiving and suitable to test Olaf's mod with, when stable. Hilly and fun to drive.

I had a freeze at Fosters (a short Oulton Park) after about 36 laps.

Regards,
David

19.08.2013, 21:10  
Pedro_Berg.vd

1310 Beiträge

Zitat:

How about having agreed upon a track by Wednesday?

Zitat:
I think the track should fulfill the following criteria: ...list....

Tripoli
Castle Combe

The bad part is that i will probably be too late at home to participate

20.08.2013, 21:12  
Carsten Theile

3884 Beiträge

Hi all!

Just for info:
[URL=http://forum.gplracer.eu/topic.php?id=50]GPLRacer's Track Blacklist[/URL]
Oulton2 is listed there. Not sure about Oulton MC (which is v1). Might be as bad as the Fosters circuit.

Castle Combe... Didn't it cause some issues in the 66 Cup? As [URL=http://www.eolc.de/board/thread.php?threadid=5781&boardid=2#2]before[/URL], the [URL=http://srmz.net/index.php?showtopic=1071&st=0&p=19673&#entry19673]draw distance fix[/URL] is highly recommended. (I don't know whether or not the non-finishers in our race back in 2008 had it.)

Zitat:
Original von Pedro_Berg.vd
The bad part is that i will probably be too late at home to participate
How extra much time would you need? (without haste, of course. ^^ )
@ everyone else: any objections on postponing the start by the amount of time required?

Kind regards,
Carsten

20.08.2013, 22:28  
Fabian Casula

Herkunft: Switzerland
808 Beiträge

Zitat:
@ everyone else: any objections on postponing the start by the amount of time required?

no

in Magny-Cours81 you deliberately put your wheels on the grass for a long time.

[URL=http://youtu.be/uZQ1ttigyLo#t=1m4s]behra81[/URL]

20.08.2013, 23:52  
Pedro_Berg.vd

1310 Beiträge

Zitat:
How extra much time would you need?

I can/will be ready to start at 21:00

So if quali (30min) begins at 20:35 I can join intime.

Thanks in advance, Pedro

ps: For me is the track choice not that important.

21.08.2013, 20:55  
Olaf Lehmann

2167 Beiträge

No Problem for me to start a little bit later...

If we can unite us in the next days of a track, maybe I'll post the event on SRMZ.

I think for the very first pitstop race without any rules the end of the pitlane should'nt be at the ideal line.

Ich halte mich bei der Streckenwahl wie immer raus, da ich nur zu wenigen AddOn Strecken etwas sagen kann.

Best Regards
Olaf

22.08.2013, 18:50  
Carsten Theile

3884 Beiträge

Hi!

It's East London now.
Meeting time 20:20, server start 20:35 CEST.

Kind regards,
Carsten

22.08.2013, 19:44  
Jens Kraft

Herkunft:
4457 Beiträge

when? 31 8 ?

24.08.2013, 10:56  
Carsten Theile

3884 Beiträge

course

24.08.2013, 13:52  
Claudio Callipo

658 Beiträge

Hab mal ne Frage:
Ich hab East London inst. wie immer. Die Strecke ist in Gem+ auch in der Liste Saison/ 67Season drin, aber wenn ich GPL starte kann ich die Strecke nicht auswählen, da sie nicht da ist.
Egal ob normal oder mit dem pitstop Haken.

Im vroc ist der Server auch grün, aber wenn ich Joine kommt zwar die Meldung "kanal geöffnet" und man sieht für ca. 1 sec das Coverbild, allerdings nur als weiße Fläche und dann kommt die Meldung "Reconnect"

Hat noch jemand das Problem?

25.08.2013, 12:03  
Carsten Theile

3884 Beiträge

Hallo Claudio,

schau bitte nach, ob im Ordner der Strecke die Datei "eastlndn.dat" vorhanden ist. Falls diese nicht zu finden ist, kopiere die Datei "dat" aus dem Installer-Verzeichnis in den Ordner der Strecke und benenne die Datei in "eastlndn.dat" um.

Gruß
Carsten

25.08.2013, 12:46  
Fabian Casula

808 Beiträge

Zitat:
[*] stable (no freezes.

Zitat:
It's East London now.

hi. I prefer East London over, say, Magny Cours any time. the reason why I proposed another track was, that East London is close to 100% stable but not 100%.
anyway, we should be fine.

@Olaf:
with the patch, the tyre temperatures are not recorded when I go back into the pits.
quite important, in my humble opinion.....

@????? (general lamenting )
it was already a hazzle to get Pribluda running.
too many versions lying around in the web....
okayokay, I'm probably one of the last Mohican anyway who did not already use it.....
but just for your information (maybe a link-collection close by would be useful?).
uff, uff. Me has spoken.

25.08.2013, 13:21  
Olaf Lehmann

2167 Beiträge

Hallo Fabian!

Zitat:
with the patch, the tyre temperatures are not recorded when I go back into the pits.

Kannst du - möglichst auf deutsch - nochmal erklären, was Du genau meinst?

Zitat:
it was already a hazzle to get Pribluda running.
too many versions lying around in the web....

Das ist wirklich ein Chaos. Wir müssten irgendwie erstmal alle existierenden Versionen zusammentragen, dann kann ich eventuell irgendwann etwas machen, dass automatisch das getan wird, was getan werden muss.

Also, ich kenne 2 Versionen mit 385.024 Bytes; einmal die normale Version 1.1.1.0 und die Version 1.1.10 mit OGLv2 Patch. Mit letzterem funktioniert die geänderte dll.
Dann gibts noch eine Version mit 243.200 Byte. Das ist wohl Version 1.1.2.1. Scheinbar schwirrt aber auch noch eine Version 1.1.2.0 rum?

Im Moment geht die Anzeige jedenfalls nur wenn man gepatchte Version 1.1.1.0 hat. Ich hoffe dass das die meisten sind.
Ansonsten muss es vorläufig ohne Anzeige gehen.

MfG Olaf

25.08.2013, 13:41  
Fabian Casula

808 Beiträge

bei mir werden die "ein-gefahrenen" Reifentemperaturen nicht angezeigt, wenn ich in die boxen mittels ESC+Enter zurückkehre (ich habe noch keinen shift-R eingelegt), sondern alle Messpunkte sind auf standard zurückgesetzt (22° 22° 22°).

aber ich muss sagen, der platte Reifen kommt wirklich realistisch (wenn man dem so sagen kann) rüber.
ich frage mich jetzt nur, ob so ein platter Reifen nicht "strafe" genug ist und man nicht auf den Gangschaden verzichten sollte..?

jetzt mal vielleicht blöd gesagt, aber intelligent wäre es, wenn der patch schaut, wie lange die track ist (track.ini) und anhand dessen die wahrscheinlichkeit entweder für einen gang-defekt (lange Strecken) oder platten Reifen (kurze Strecken) kippt.

[track]
track_name = Nürburgring
track_name_short = Nürburgring
track_num_turns = 174
track_length = 14.189m <<<<

[man denke sich einen platten Reifen beim Nürburgring.... kannst eigentlich den Wagen abstellen....]

25.08.2013, 15:57  
Claudio Callipo

658 Beiträge

Zitat:
Hallo Claudio,

schau bitte nach, ob im Ordner der Strecke die Datei "eastlndn.dat" vorhanden ist. Falls diese nicht zu finden ist, kopiere die Datei "dat" aus dem Installer-Verzeichnis in den Ordner der Strecke und benenne die Datei in "eastlndn.dat" um.

Gruß
Carsten

Hallo Carsten, danke für die Hilfe.

Im Ordner hab ich diese Datei tatsächlich nicht drin.
Aber in dem Zip-Ordner der Strecke hab ich nur die Exe zum Installieren, und zwei .txt Dateien. Sonst nix!

25.08.2013, 15:58  

Read-only archive of the EOLC forum powered by: Burning Board 1.1.1b © 2002 WoltLab GbR