Forum Archive        Main Page EOLC
EOLC Forum » DirtWearGear_Patch  

Autor
Beitrag
Olaf Lehmann

Herkunft: Lichtenstein
2167 Beiträge
  DirtWearGear_Patch 

Edit (21th of June): The is a bug in dirtweargear_patch. The wear affect works only in version 1.2.0.2, not in version 1.3

[URL=http://www.eolc.de/Olaf_Lehmann/dirtweargear.7z]Link to DirtWearGear_Patch[/URL]

Now works the next generation of dirtgear_patch with some new features:

1. tire wear effect
2. the possibility to choice between two tire types
3. the possibility to change the brake ballance during driving
4. changing chamber and tire pressure in setup menu in smaller steps (the same steps like in GRE/Setup Manager)
5. changing pribluda display

The gear failure and dirt effect from dirtgear_patch you find in dirtweargear also. Dirt effect is a bit more harder as in dirt gear.

INSTALLATION
is the same like in dirtgear_patch. But now you find for version 1.2.0.2 a german version (dirtweargear_1202GER.xml). If you have german version 1.2.0.2 you should use this (it changes inscription of menus). Please use it only with the german version, all other languages use dirtweargear_1202.xml.
Additional you can change your pribluda display that you can see your actual brake ballance and tire wear values. (See 5.) I recommend it.

1. TIRE WEAR EFFECT
Too much wheelspin reduces the grip time after time.

2. TWO TIRE TYPES
you can choice between soft and hard tires at the setup menu (see picture).
[IMG]http://www.eolc.de/Olaf_Lehmann/Reifen.jpg[/IMG]
Tick = hard tires
No tick = soft tires
(In the picture i have choiced soft tyres)

Hard tires needs a longer time for loosing grip, but it have less grip at the beginning.
The changing Pribluda (see 5.) shows the difference between the real grip and the normal gpl grip. So if you choive hard tires the beginning value isn't 0 - it's 25.
All setup changes in dirtweargear are asymmetrical, because the tick is only for the tires.

3. BRAKE BALLANCE
In DirtWearGear it's possible to change the brake ballance during driving (in front-back and left-right direction).
Please use the "Lift arm" and "Draw pit board" buttons (see picture).
[IMG]http://www.eolc.de/Olaf_Lehmann/BB.jpg[/IMG]
You can change these in Menu/Steering (steering wheel buttons are possible).
The two buttons working in combination with the driven gear (see table).

[CODE] driven gear <=3 >=4
Lift arm button brake ballance to left front
pit board button brake ballance to right back [/CODE]

If you change to setup menu or make shiftR the brake ballance get the value that you choiced in setup menu.

5. CHANGED PRIBLUDA
In the directory you find a changed pribluda.ini.
If you put these into your GPL folder you see no contact patch temps, but this:

B 545 555 T 26 27 P -3 +1
B 445 455 W 26 26 T -2 +2

blue values on the left = Brake ballance for every wheel in promille, Value 555 means 55.5% brake ballance

red values in the middle = Tire wear, better decreasing grip.
0=no decreasing=normal GPL grip

values on the right = temps on the outside - temps on the in side in promille to the temperature
+=outside hotter than inside, -=inside hotter than outside
The colour means the tempearture itself, the same like the other tire temperatures (not the difference).

That's the importants...I think.
In readme you find more detailed informations.

Best regards
Olaf

Edit: Because in dirtweargear are so much changes dirtweargear Needs a Special Server. You cant paticipate with dirtweargear to dirtgear21 Server.
At the Moment EOLC4 is prepaired for dirtweargear, EOLC1 for dirtgear21.
See description at VROC.

09.05.2013, 12:34  
Kelvin Mace

Herkunft: Bayern
825 Beiträge

Wird das Rennen in Vallelunga mit diesem neuen Patch gefahren?
Und eine Bitte was die Installation anbelangt hätte ich:
Könntest du einen alternativen Link posten, indem der patch als .exe file vorhanden ist? So wie bei der alten Version DirtGear_Patch2.7z . Beim entpacken waren damals 2 readmes und die DirtGear_Patch.exe die im GPL-Ordner ausgeführt, …usw
Da ich GPL nicht über GEM starte (bzw starten kann), sondern die unterschiedlichen gpl.exen manuell verschiebe , bräuchte ich erstmal ein exe, die mir die normale gpl.exe auf DirtWearGear patcht. Wäre das möglich, oder ist das zuviel Aufwand für dich Olaf?

Danke im Voraus, Kelvin

09.05.2013, 16:30  
Fabian Casula

Herkunft: Switzerland
808 Beiträge

Zitat:
Original von Kelvin Mace
Da ich GPL nicht über GEM starte (bzw starten kann)

waaaasss?! geht ja mal gar nicht!

los, entweder machst ein thread im 'techhelp' auf oder wir machen das mal über VROC chat.
ansonsten ist das ja eine unzumutbare schikane für dich...

09.05.2013, 16:43  
Olaf Lehmann

2167 Beiträge

Hallo Kelvin,

erstmal keine Panik, das letzte Rennen vor der Sommerpause wird auf jeden Fall noch mit Version 2/21 gefahren.

Wegen des Patches ohne GEM+... Ich dachte es besteht kein Interesse an dieser Patch Art, weil alle zu faul sind die exen umzubenennen.
Es wäre schon ein gewisser Aufwand.
Andererseits wäre dann die Schrift im Menü auch bei Version 1.3 geändert was über GEM+ nicht geht.

Hmm. Es wird auf jeden Fall ein bisschen dauern. Aber wir fahren ja eh frühestens im Herbst damit.

MfG Olaf

Nebenbei gesagt. Ich benenne auch um, weil ich über GEM nicht mal ShiftR aufs Lenkrad legen kann.

10.05.2013, 10:35  
Olaf Lehmann

2167 Beiträge

Hello,

in the last days I see: There is a bug in dirtweargear. The wear effect works only in version 1.2.0.2, not in version 1.3.

I drive Version 1.2.0.2. In practice I drive with tire wear since Assen.
I have testet version 1.3 in May. All variables for wear worked and I do a short testing and though the grip will be reduced. But I'm not a good testdriver, because every of my laps is very difference...

Don't use dirtweargear for official races, but now is a newer version with pitstops avaible (it works in 1.2.0.2 and 1.3 with warranty).
See in Pitstop_Patch thread.

Best regards
Olaf

21.06.2013, 11:37  
Jens Kraft

Herkunft:
4457 Beiträge

Voll geil, ich muss mal wieder GPL draufmachen nach meinem Plattencrash!!!!!!

25.06.2013, 09:37  
Olaf Lehmann

2167 Beiträge

Because there is a bug in dirtweargear I close this thread.

The newer Version of the patch you find [URL=http://www.eolc.de/board/thread.php?threadid=8166&boardid=5&styleid=1]here[/URL].

Olaf

20.08.2013, 15:28  

Read-only archive of the EOLC forum powered by: Burning Board 1.1.1b © 2002 WoltLab GbR