EOLC Forum » netKar Pro News  

Autor
Beitrag
Glenn English

Herkunft: N. Ireland
227 Beiträge
netKar Pro News 

Greetings Race Fans,

I know that some of you have done a little nKpro racing in the past, but did you know that things are developing quickly in the world of netKar ??

Version 1.2 has just been released, including new tyre physics and a new car, the 'KS2' which is basically a GP2 car under another name. Two other new cars and wet weather functions are due to be released before Christmas, while new track development software means that a steady trickle of new circuits are becoming available, including Barcelona, Brno, Dijon, Melbourne, Adelaide, Monaco, Donington, Silverstone, Snetterton, Laguna, Spa, Mugello, A1 ring and Oschersleben. (and I'm sure there are others)

v1.2 available [URL=http://www.netkar-pro.com/]Here[/URL] , and is free to existing licence holders, while one of the best community forums is [URL=http://www.gpchampionship.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=5&sid=4d531bace6517e393171f27316b1fcef]Here[/URL] and includes links to circuit downloads etc.

Oops, - this sounds like an advert, which it isn't, but do any other EOLCers currently drive this sim ?

Glenn.

15.11.2010, 19:54  
Carsten Theile

Herkunft: Dresden
3884 Beiträge

Hello Glenn,

thanks for letting us know!

I'm not driving it at the moment, but it's still a great piece of software which is getting even better.
By the way, I've read Kunos had developed the physics engine for Ferrari Virtual Academy.

I'm looking forward to the new features and having some time to drive this sim.

Kind regards,
Carsten

18.11.2010, 21:06  
Jens Kraft

Herkunft:
4457 Beiträge

Zitat:
Original von Glenn English
Greetings Race Fans,

I know that some of you have done a little nKpro racing in the past, but did you know that things are developing quickly in the world of netKar ??

Version 1.2 has just been released, including new tyre physics and a new car, the 'KS2' which is basically a GP2 car under another name. Two other new cars and wet weather functions are due to be released before Christmas, while new track development software means that a steady trickle of new circuits are becoming available, including Barcelona, Brno, Dijon, Melbourne, Adelaide, Monaco, Donington, Silverstone, Snetterton, Laguna, Spa, Mugello, A1 ring and Oschersleben. (and I'm sure there are others)

v1.2 available [URL=http://www.netkar-pro.com/]Here[/URL] , and is free to existing licence holders, while one of the best community forums is [URL=http://www.gpchampionship.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=5&sid=4d531bace6517e393171f27316b1fcef]Here[/URL] and includes links to circuit downloads etc.

Oops, - this sounds like an advert, which it isn't, but do any other EOLCers currently drive this sim ?

Glenn.

netkar is a great simulation and i didnt drive it alot, jsut 3 days ... but it has a very great tire physics, the slip angle of gpl, pl2 and gpl3 is missing, it is so great u need full oversteer and high reflex situation, absolutely fits my driving style.

anyone want to drive a funride netkar with me ?

we should mod GPL1.3 over it we can have 24hr races with driver change (a team from the team championship drives one car) changing weather and light, tire changes and everything. just great!!!

21.11.2010, 16:22  
Glenn English

Herkunft: N. Ireland
227 Beiträge

Hi Jens,

I agree that nKpro has a very realistic feel - I find the 1600 and 1800 cars very difficult to drive but the aero cars, particularly the 2000 are great. As for 24h racing, I have given up trying to do Ironman races because my backside gets so sore I can't concentrate and then crash, so I don't think a 3 or 4 hour stint in a 24h race will really be my cup of tea (I must get a new seat for racing....)
Also, I don't think nKpro has a night time mode like rFactor (or if it has, I haven't seen it). One question for you all - why do the mirrors in every other sim (including nK) seem so poor compared to GPL ? When racing GPL, you can really see cars approaching from some distance away and can see what they are doing, just as you would in real life, yet in other sims, cars behind seem to creep up on you, un-noticed and even if you do notice them, they seem somehow 'unreal'. I think what I'm trying to say is that in GPL I get a very real sense of "Oh shit, that's CT in my mirrors - I'd better get out of the way" yet in other sims, it's just a rather poor, jagged, disconnected image of a car in my mirrors.

Am I alone in my feelings about this ?

Glenn.

21.11.2010, 19:15  

Read-only archive of the EOLC forum powered by: Burning Board 1.1.1b © 2002 WoltLab GbR