Forum Archive        Main Page EOLC
EOLC Forum » XONAR DX  

Autor
Beitrag
Fabio Locarno

Herkunft: Monza, Italy
131 Beiträge
XONAR DX 

Does anybody have any experience with such soundcard, Seven x64, and GPL?

Since I bought my new PC last Xmas, I really missed the gorgeus sound I had on the old one with XP Pro SP3: on this PC there was a SB X-Fi sound card that I installed on the new one.

Its hardware acceleration it's as good as it was the one in Windows OS before Vista?

Or what they are saying it's just marketing?

[URL=http://www.asus.de/product.aspx?P_ID=R3E8hhLCEgwyAOt9&templete=2]XONAR DX[/URL]

31.10.2010, 11:03  
Jens Kraft

Herkunft:
4457 Beiträge

i think the xonar dx is a good card but i will run badly with win7x64 just like the x fi

the standard 5.1 run best domehow. no idea why!

26.11.2010, 17:29  
Fabio Locarno

131 Beiträge

Zitat:
Original von Jens Kraft
i think the xonar dx is a good card but i will run badly with win7x64 just like the x fi

the standard 5.1 run best domehow. no idea why!

Thx for your feedback Jens!
This German guy seems very happy about it:

[URL]http://srmz.net/index.php?showtopic=6147&view=findpost&p=53278[/URL]

What are your system specs? Mine is actually this one:

MB GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P
CPU AMD Phenom II X2 550 BE
CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9A
GPU PALIT NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
HDD WDC WD6400AAKS-22A7B2
PSU ENERMAX 525W MODU 82+ EMD525AWT
SOUND CARD Creative SB X-Fi
OS W7 ultimate x64

I'm quite ready to order the Xonar DX to give it a try...

27.11.2010, 08:41  
Jens Kraft

Herkunft:
4457 Beiträge

well i ahd to send it back

it was an asrock 939 nfg vsta mainboard
2gb ddr1 ram

radeon 1950 etc...

well i made huge huge bad experiences with any sound card e cept the soublaster 16 lying around here, 15 years old

its superb on win 98 systems

but since the win7 64 srivers are highly standartized they run on any onboard sound sooo well, no more micro freezes.

now i have a amd 770 extreme, it has any features, including usb 3 ! sata, raid, gigabit lan, 7.1 sound, eSATA, Advanced clock callibration ... i just paid 140 euro for a new PC with 4GB ram and i am perfectly happy with that amd system.

i spent another 40 euro on a super expensive cooler, so i can run my pc noiseless

btw: i never had any trouble with the 2004 demo:

i am using this copy of gpl since many many years, and it is my 12th operating system installation now: i never understand how people can have so much trouble. and yes: the demo survived all upgrades, uses achim krafts soundpack ... just great.

so my hint is:

use one perfect copy of GPL

and just use win7 now, the same way i cheered at it 2 years ago here in the forum when i did the beta testing with win7.

the xonar dx did NOT work for me

the sound was superb, but it had same micro stuttering like under winxp: so its the driver.

its not even the ability. i just think it uses high quality sound and just isnt programmed for such sounds like gpl: but the compatibility mode driver (standard windows driver) is perfect for it, let alone the realtec extension of it.

so since win7 and newer motherboards: onboard sound rules.

and yes: the radeon 1950 is the last card to support NOT 2d mode, so perfect for gpl, ask chris kolnhofer

27.11.2010, 14:07  
Fabio Locarno

131 Beiträge

I'm running now GPL with the Xonar DX since nearly three weeks.

The sound it's not perfect as it was with the Creative SB X-Fi under XP SP3 but it's quite good.

No problems at all

16.01.2011, 11:17  

Read-only archive of the EOLC forum powered by: Burning Board 1.1.1b © 2002 WoltLab GbR