EOLC Forum » Raceday Screen Freezes  

Autor
Beitrag
Glenn English

Herkunft: N. Ireland
227 Beiträge
Raceday Screen Freezes 

Hi All,

I can practice 'till the cows come home without ever a stutter from my PC, yet on raceday, quite often I'll get a screen freeze during quali and then also during the race.
This is not a CTD, - the screen freezes in-game and the only way I can get out is to hit the power button on the PC.
I guess this must be a multiplayer issue, but what ??.
Suggestions gratefully accepted,

Glenn.

28.02.2010, 20:42  
Christian Müller

Herkunft: München
3864 Beiträge

are only eolc-servers affected or does this happen on every online race at vroc ?

28.02.2010, 20:44  
Glenn English

227 Beiträge

I Don't know, Chris,

I normally race only on EOLC servers, so I'll have to try a few others.

Glenn.

01.03.2010, 14:29  
Olaf Lehmann

Herkunft: Lichtenstein
2167 Beiträge

Hello Glenn,

in official races are more participants as in other races. Maybe is this the reason.

I mean: Could it be online modus and much drivers is to much for your system?

Greetings Olaf

01.03.2010, 15:01  
Glenn English

227 Beiträge

Hi Olaf,

I've just had a 'blue screen of death' crash while trying to write this reply, so it looks like I have a recurrence of a problem I had last year - I thought it was a faulty soundcard and changed it, but maybe there was nothing wrong with it......

Next suspect is probably the CD drive - sometimes at boot up the BIOS seems to search a long time for the Cd drive, then eventually give up and boot without it. I don't know if that means a cd drive problem or a motherboard problem, so I guess I'll disconnect the drive and see how things perform.

I also wondered about the video card (Ati 4850) - maybe many cars on track puts it under pressure, but most often my problem occurs with no other cars in view - if that was the problem I'm sure the race start would be the worst time.......

Thanks,

Glenn.

02.03.2010, 18:58  

Read-only archive of the EOLC forum powered by: Burning Board 1.1.1b © 2002 WoltLab GbR