EOLC Forum » '67 Patch' Problems  

Autor
Beitrag
Glenn English

Herkunft: N. Ireland
227 Beiträge
'67 Patch' Problems 

Do any of you use the '67 Patch' ?

I find that it works ok BUT any setups which I create or modify under the patch, cannot then be used in an unpatched GPL installation, or, more importantly, on the EOLC servers.

Is this a normal drawback of this patch, or have I got a slight problem ???

Thanks,

Glenn.

13.01.2010, 20:36  
Carsten Theile

Herkunft: Dresden
3884 Beiträge

Hello Glenn,

yup, you can call it a drawback.
However, you can start VROC via GEM+, so VROC will use the new patched exe.
To be precise: Upon pressing the green GPL or VROC buttons, GEM+ makes a backup of your original GPL.exe and renames its own GPLc67.exe to GPL.exe, which is used by VROC. This exe-swapping is undone by pressing the red exit button in the bottom-left corner in GEM+.

Personally, I usually don't use the patched version. The exceptions are tracks that benefit from the long-track feature, such as Targa (can't be run without the patch) or Mosport Rain (has many special rain drop sounds that mostly need the long-track patch to work).
As for Mosport Rain, I think about replacing the rain sounds by silent wave files.

Kind regards,
Carsten

13.01.2010, 20:53  
Glenn English

Herkunft: N. Ireland
227 Beiträge

So will the EOLC servers have to run the 67 patch in order to host mosport rain races, or will it run ok unpatched, at the expense of some of the sound effects ? (which are, I tend to agree, rather too much of a good thing......)

Thanks for the info,

Glenn.

13.01.2010, 21:08  
Carsten Theile

Herkunft: Dresden
3884 Beiträge

Zitat:
So will the EOLC servers have to run the 67 patch in order to host mosport rain races, or will it run ok unpatched, at the expense of some of the sound effects ?
The latter is true, also for the clients.

As a driver, I'm undecided whether I want those sounds. At the moment, it's the the quiet ones that I've installed. The original ones were way too loud for me.
But as I said, there are more possibilities. (Why didn't I think of taking crowd/announcer waves from the original Mosport? )

Kind regards,
Carsten

13.01.2010, 21:41  

Read-only archive of the EOLC forum powered by: Burning Board 1.1.1b © 2002 WoltLab GbR