Autor
Beitrag
Olaf Lehmann

Herkunft: Lichtenstein
2167 Beiträge
Bitte an alle Fahrer 

Hallo zusammen!

Erstmal zur Aufklärung:
Damit die Ranglisten funktionieren, muss das Ergebnis in die Datenbank. Dieses geschieht fast vollständig automatisch mit Hilfe eines Programms.
Damit dieses Programm richtig funktionieren kann, müssen eigentlich der Name, unter dem der Fahrer bei EOLC angemeldet ist und der Name unter dem er fährt(=der Name der im RA Report erscheint) exakt übereinstimmen.
Für die Fahrer, die unter einem abweichenden Namen fahren, haben wir extra eine "Übersetzungszeile" programmiert, dass es doch funktioniert.

Nun meine Bitte: Bitte ändert Euren Namen in GPL nicht von Zeit zu Zeit! Dann müssen wir jedesmal neu programmieren, anstatt das Programm einfach nur auszuführen. Statt fünf Sekunden brauchen wir dann fünf Minuten! Wenn jeder nur einmal im Jahr auf diese Idee kommt, sind wir bei jeder Ergebniseingabe am programmieren.
Ihr könnt uns viel Zeit und Nerverei ersparen, wenn ihr bei einer Neuinstallation, etc. darauf achtet genau den gleichen Namen wie vorher zu verwenden. Wenn der Vorname "K." zu "K" wird, reichts schon (Computer sind da a bissel blöde).

Das ist jetzt keine Kritik, weil Euch die Zusammenhänge ja nicht klar waren. In Zukunft braucht ihr aber sehr trifftige Gründe...sonst

Bei der Gelegenheit nochmal die Erinnerung: Wir haben prinzipiell nichts dagegen, jemanden der spontan mitfahren möchte, mitfahren zu lassen, wenn wir deshalb kein neues Grid aufmachen müssen. Wer jedoch bereits eine Stunde vorm Rennen weiss, dass er mitfahren will, meldet sich bitte an! Auch das ist eine Erleichterung für die Admins.

MfG Olaf

06.11.2009, 10:31  
Uwe Herrling

Herkunft: Bremen
294 Beiträge

Oh,
so ein Kandidat bin ich - ich fahre alle Mods, und damit mein internes System funktioniert verwende ich je Mod verschiedene Player - also Uwe Herrling67 für 67er Mod, Uwe Herrling66 für 66er mod etc. DAS allerdings ändert sich nie.
Reicht das, damit euer Kram nicht durcheinanderkommt?
Grüße
Uwe

06.11.2009, 13:51  
Karl-Heinz Wurmstein

Herkunft: 34246 Vellmar, Hessen
387 Beiträge

Au weia - das mit dem K. und K war wohl ich

Ist mir nach Neuinstalation auf einem anderen Rechner passiert.

Gelobe Besserung

Gruß K.-H.(äh K)

06.11.2009, 16:36  
Olaf Lehmann

2167 Beiträge

Nee, Uwe Du brauchst nichts zu ändern.
für die 67er bist du schon einprogrammiert. Für den MODCup wird theoretisch "Max Mustermann66" und "Max Mustermamm1966" auch erkannt. Allerdings gibts für MODs ein andere Problem mit dem Code.

@Karl-Heinz: Du konntest ja nicht wissen, dass solche Kleinigkeiten Probleme bereiten.

Gruß Olaf

06.11.2009, 19:24  
Stefan Sigwarth

Herkunft:
363 Beiträge

Is this the reason why the challenge standings is broken? Or is it allready changed with the idea of not counting the worst result.

Carsten should have more like a 1.000 points.

11.11.2009, 11:50  
Olaf Lehmann

2167 Beiträge

No no no!

See explanations (underneath the challenge standings)

Zitat:

For the calculation of a drivers total sum of points only the 9 best results will be used.
We have two delete results (if that the right english word - I dont know) or in german Streichresultate.

Greetings Olaf

11.11.2009, 15:04  
Stefan Sigwarth

Herkunft:
363 Beiträge

yes i know, but when i brought that up a few weeks ago, everybody ridiculed that idea to implement that right away instead of at the end of the season. And since 1 round has still to be raced, it doesn't make it much clearer.

So are the 2 worst results allready removed or just 1?

For example, i'm pretty sure i'm nowhere near 3rd place.

12.11.2009, 09:58  
Olaf Lehmann

2167 Beiträge

Only the nine best results will be used.
If a driver have 11 results the best nine results will be used.
If a driver have 10 results the best nine results will be used.
If a driver have nine or less than nine results all results will be used.

I hope now its clear...

12.11.2009, 15:10  
Stefan Sigwarth

Herkunft:
363 Beiträge

That's clear, but is it also clear to you that that system gives a fairytale standings? Here i give you the correct standings:

[img]http://www.roadtospace.com/siggy/correct_standings.jpg[/img]

Now in contrast to the current 'standings' we have these shifts:
Fulvio Barozzini goes from 7th to 3rd
Christian Kolnhofer goes from 11th to 4th
Yannick Loonus goes from 12th to 5th
Carsten Grelck goes from 4th to 6th
Stefan Sigwarth goes from 3rd to 7th
Gerd Höfferer goes from 14th to 8th

And the list goes on and on. The above standings is a lot more realistic then the current standings displayed on the site. I don't get it why there is so much resistance to it. The current standings is simply pointless. I've never even been close to Carsten or Martina or Grelck. Fulvio has been in front of me every single race.

Simply said, the correct standings are not given if the nine best are used but if the two worst results are erased.

12.11.2009, 18:32  
Patrick Kessler

Herkunft: Bonn
2068 Beiträge

Zitat:
And the list goes on and on. The above standings is a lot more realistic then the current standings displayed on the site. I don't get it why there is so much resistance to it. The current standings is simply pointless. I've never even been close to Carsten or Martina or Grelck. Fulvio has been in front of me every single race. Simply said, the correct standings are not given if the nine best are used but if the two worst results are erased.

Your standings are wrong too, because Carsten has at least earned 903 points, not 808. Same with Martin. The dont have to finish or participate at the next race.
Christian, who is 4th in your standings will have to finish the next race, otherwise he will drop a lot of places, thats your fairytale

What I want to say, there is no correct way, to show the standings. So no point complaining about it

Perhaps one can think about adding a feature to the standings, that allows you to show it without the 2 worst results. But the first two races no standings can be generated, because, you'll have to erase the results.

Patrick

12.11.2009, 18:56  
Stefan Sigwarth

Herkunft:
363 Beiträge

Zitat:
Original von Patrick Kessler
Your standings are wrong too, because Carsten has at least earned 903 points, not 808. Same with Martin. The dont have to finish or participate at the next race.

No, my standings aren't based on 'what ifs', they simply show the current standings with the 2 worst results deducted from the total points.

Zitat:
Christian, who is 4th in your standings will have to finish the next race, otherwise he will drop a lot of places, thats your fairytale

Same invalid argument. What if, what if. Standings show what IS not what IF.

Zitat:
What I want to say, there is no correct way, to show the standings. So no point complaining about it

First of all, i'm not complaining, i'm trying to improve EOLC but apparently nobody cares for that. As i've pointed out, the standings the way they are now simply don't give a realistic image of the standings.

Zitat:
Perhaps one can think about adding a feature to the standings, that allows you to show it without the 2 worst results. But the first two races no standings can be generated, because, you'll have to erase the results.

Patrick

No, as i pointed out before in the other thread, after three races you do have 2 worst results. For example:
Driver 1 comes home 2nd in the first three races.
Driver 2 can't make it to the first race but finishes the 2nd and 3rd race in 1st.

In 'my version' driver 2 is above driver 1, which makes perfect sense since he has beaten him 2 times out. Only because driver 1 did race the first race he's above driver 2 in the current standings. Not erasing the worst results after three races only give a correct picture if no results will be erased.

12.11.2009, 20:04  
RicoKlein

Herkunft: Deutschland M/V
1877 Beiträge

BUT, u can not erase points without a reason from the ladder. any point is deserved and there is no reason to cut them, until the driver reaches the limit of races.

12.11.2009, 21:39  
Patrick Kessler

Herkunft: Bonn
2068 Beiträge

Good point Rico.

and

Zitat:
Your standings are wrong too, because Carsten has at least earned 903 points, not 808. Same with Martin.

Is a fact, no what if.

All points I have earned are facts. A potential worse result not, that can change any race. I can argument the same way.

But your points ar right, too.

As I told you, there is no right way. Ther is only a prefered way.

Patrick

12.11.2009, 22:51  
Olaf Lehmann

2167 Beiträge

Zitat:
Nun meine Bitte: Bitte ändert Euren Namen in GPL nicht von Zeit zu Zeit! Dann müssen wir jedesmal neu programmieren, anstatt das Programm einfach nur auszuführen. Statt fünf Sekunden brauchen wir dann fünf Minuten! Wenn jeder nur einmal im Jahr auf diese Idee kommt, sind wir bei jeder Ergebniseingabe am programmieren.
Jens-Rainer: Musste die Änderung zu J_R Gudat1 unbedingt sein?

Gruß Olaf

18.03.2010, 23:17  
Jens-Rainer Gudat

Herkunft:
1216 Beiträge

Nein,
und glaube mir da hatte ich nicht drauf geachtet, es ist mir nicht einmal aufgefallen. Sorry
Gruß J-R

19.03.2010, 16:29  

Read-only archive of the EOLC forum powered by: Burning Board 1.1.1b © 2002 WoltLab GbR