EOLC Forum - What do you want in 2010
Forum Archive        Main Page EOLC
EOLC Forum » What do you want in 2010  

Autor
Beitrag [  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]
Stefan Sigwarth

Herkunft:
363 Beiträge

Regarding the chassis points, they can be tuned a bit. For example, cooper had the same extra points as the Honda. Don't have a clue why, but it's certainly not a reflection of performance. Plus, track-wise, the cooper is horrible at Spa and the Honda is a much better car there. On Monaco, for example, the tables are turned. And especially in races, the Honda has to carry that shitload of fuel, weight and that silly engine in the back.

It's perhaps a bit difficult to implement in an automated standings, but tweaking the points system a bit more should give a bit more entertaining races.

And it all depends on what we want. Do we want realism? Then we don't get extra points at all. Do we want some good racing? then we even may consider giving negative chassis points for the top 5 of the last race. For example, if they don't switch to a worse car, they'll get the negative points of the chassis extra points, more or less forcing them into a worse chassis. This would mean that the points standings would become more intense.

Using each chassis at least once is also a favourite of mine as well. Allthough it has nothing to do with realism, it should give more entertaining races, except on spa, especially if everyone has to declare its chassis choises before the season starts.

But, what i never understand is that the kyalami race brought 3 full grids, and the next race it was down to nothing. And now, at the end of the season, we have 2 half grids more or less. Is it an option to make shorter seasons so we can keep more people interested? Or what is the problem with this low return rate of drivers?

01.11.2009, 12:19  
Yannick Loonus

Herkunft: Düsseldorf
879 Beiträge

Zitat:
Original von Stefan Sigwarth

But, what i never understand is that the kyalami race brought 3 full grids, and the next race it was down to nothing. And now, at the end of the season, we have 2 half grids more or less. Is it an option to make shorter seasons so we can keep more people interested? Or what is the problem with this low return rate of drivers?

Good observation Stefan. We are aware of that backstage. As a matter of fact, this is one of our main concerns.

Thanks to everyone participating, all your ideas will be taken into account!

01.11.2009, 15:48  
Adnan Dizdarevic

Herkunft: Michigan
258 Beiträge

I am also trying to understand declining participartion.
In ironman it may have something to do with the cup mode:
1) Difficult add on tracks (mostly difficult - too long time to prepare and find set up?)
2) Shift R only in box provide a good chance you will not see a finish line unless you are strong GPL driver from A grid or you do slow and nice Sunday afternoon cruse.
3) Long races. 2 Hours (who is good and lucky to finish + 0.5 Hr Qualy + some Warm up before - maybe too much GPL in one day for many. Remember many of us are "married with Kids" , so it is difficult to explain (at least for me on Sunday afternoon spring and summer time in Michigan) to wife and friends "hey I have sim race for 3 hours so I cannot come to...) to fall out after 15 min gets you some stupid feeling you are not racin' and not with friends somewhere else... Maybe only mine issue as I am one of few from over sea... Consider idea of running 66 cars in it...

Challange: This was one of biggest concerns of mine for EOLC future.
I think this year frist time (from 2007 at least ) that we had challange races following somewhat close european F1 real world summer races. Maybe some guys were doing vacation. Maybe some were caught with real life problems and recession that got sim racing on back burner...
Insistance to have 2 full grids opposed to three little less filled (i.e. 3 grids with 12 drivers opposed to two with 18) can be turn down for some of us.
For example given a chance to drive in B grid, with my best abbility and luck to get best GPL drive ever for me will result in maybe 9 or 10 spot, just for the fact that standard B grid drivers are significantly faster. I am sure some of B grid drivers in A grid are thinking same when instead of hoping to fight for top 5 they can only hope for top 12. Motivation is not the same. I do not say we need 5 grids with 6 drivers, but we may consider mimimum participants per grid (i.e. we need minimum of 12 drivers per grid to go with 3 grids on Sunday).
It results with closer racing in each grid and this was in past seasons one of big things of EOLC. More guys may get motivated to race again.
We cannot forget more modern sims comming, we can speak bad about iracing, but is a fact that is very good organised with realistic race car models kind of sim racing for moderate monthly costs on both ovals and road curses, hosting a leagues is another big step there, ARCA sim racing is also good from what I can read, GTL, rfactor etc. are taking slowly but surely more guys away from GPL.
I think a recepy might be in close racing in evenly spread grids that cost not too much time to prepare for combined with great atmosphere and organisation allready so well present in EOLC. Making participation more complex and time consuming may result in further reduction of grids to few aliens... This year I was missing Monaco GP due to vacation. When I came back and noticed that we had two grids I was not so sad anymore about missing a race. Racing must be kept interesting for slower drivers as here is more such of us than aliens

Just a few thoughts my side unless you did not fall asleep by now.

Adnan

P.S. Sorry for long posts, with German and English not being my native languages I tend to be descriptive too much

01.11.2009, 19:07  
Radek Petera

Herkunft:
535 Beiträge

Zitat:
Original von Jens Kraft
Upsi, entschuldigung, hatte mich vor lauter Jungs, die sich hier freiwillig festlegen ganz vergessen, dass man keinem Zwang unterliegt in der Chassiswahl.

Was PAtrick erzählt ist also eine Variante des "Nimm jedes Chassis mindestens 1 mal". Ich finde das gut. Allerdings finde ich, kommt es doof, wenn man von brab auf honda in monaco abrutscht. passiert dies auf anderen strecken ists nicht ganz so wild, der honda teileise glaube ich sogar auf ein, zwei strecken schneller. da müsste man doch ein wenig feilen. falls das auf anklang stößt.

Das wäre aber eine Tragödie für mich und mein BRM .

Points Points Points. I see bigger problem in grid points system rather than in chassis points. You know me, I'm not extremly fast, but quite reliable. My PB are poor and I often stuck in Grid C. Spa was really extreme case. I (with Ronald) were in race faster than 5 (of 12) drivers in grid B and one in grid A ! And of course, we got less points than them. But points ... that is not a reason, why I'm racing here

01.11.2009, 22:23  
Frank Peters

Herkunft:
2006 Beiträge

Hi,

nach der angeregten Diskussion war ich wirklich neugierig auf die Regeln fürs nächste Jahr. Ihr habt aus allen Anregungen einen ganz guten Kompromiss gefunden.
War bestimmt nicht einfach. Ich kann gut damit leben und freue mich auf die neue "Spielzeit". Einige Rennen werde ich aus beruflichen Gründen leider nicht mitfahren können. Ich hoffe es trifft nicht die neuen Strecken, auf die ich mich besonders freue.

Gruß
Frank

28.11.2009, 14:46  
RicoKlein

Herkunft: Deutschland M/V
1877 Beiträge

ich freue mich auf das regenrennen. das wird sicher sehr neu für die meisten...

28.11.2009, 20:54  
Jens Kraft

Herkunft:
4457 Beiträge

jau !

28.11.2009, 23:20  
Stefan Sigwarth

Herkunft:
363 Beiträge

Rain?

29.11.2009, 11:03  
Achim Kraft

Herkunft: Deutschland/Hessen/Lollar
114 Beiträge

Hi Stefan !

Yes, "Mosport Rain".

There is a brand new track from Jackseller. Based on the original Mosport and with a own trackname: mosprain

Here are the readme from the editor (Jackseller):

Mosport Park Rain track for Grand Prix Legends
----------------------------------------------
by Jackseller and Papyrus - 10/2009
[URL]http://www.f1legends.ch[/URL]

VERY IMPORTANT :
YOU NEED TO INSTALL THE 67 PATCH BEFORE USING THIS TRACK !!
DON'T USE THE RACING LINE TO RE-GROOVE THE TRACK OR YOU WILL LOSE ALL THE SOUNDS AND THE TRACK CAN BECOME UNSTABLE.

Track folder contains two subfolders :

- '60fps_lightnings' folder contains optimized file for the lightnings animation if you use the 60fps patch
- 'sounds volume lower' folder contains ambiant sounds with a lower volume in case you might find the original ones too high

Based on the original Mosport Park track created by Papyrus, Mosport Park Rain is an enhanced version with lot of new features :

- new high resolution textures
- modified 3do objects
- many new 3do objects
- rain all over the track
- lightnings
- rain sound, thunder sound and others sounds all over the track ( more than 500 sounds !)
- draw distance adjusted
- modified replay cameras
- others modifications

The grip of the track is more slippery than the original one.
The ambiant sounds are audible only when you are driving or watching live race. It doesn't work on replays.

Credits:
-------

Guru for GPLAnim
Magnus Thome for the rain 3do
Dave Noonan for 3DOED
Strava for FB Adjust
Klaus Horbrand for WinMip
Stefan Magnusson for GPL TrackKam Editor
Martin Granberg and Bernd Nowak for the track installer
BAPOM for the program cover (many thanks John !)
All the testers for their feedback

And of course a BIG THANKS to Nigel Pattinson for his great utility Racecon and for his help to have all the sounds working on the track.

Have fun,
Jackseller

This is a killer for the hardware. And only drivable with the newest 67er patch 1.3.

Greetings

Achim

29.11.2009, 12:08  
Jens Kraft

Herkunft:
4457 Beiträge

so we all need 1.3.
thats no problem.

another thing:

i raced in mexico with carsten yesterday and we had AWESOME racing, because:

when i spun and the awareness of my eyes was so high and attentive, i could see a HUGE !!!! difference between 36 and 60fps. i saw any motion of my car very detailed. that is a huge advantage for any individual driver when losing the car or driving the car.

the seconds super gain is for the whole community: we did touch heavily on the straights.

NOT a single time anyone of us flew away. the car jumped up and down, punching around.
but nothing bad happened.

despite the server was in finland with 100ms latency for me and 74ms for carsten.

in eolc we have 54ms latency or less.

i strongly recommend to go to 60fps next year. it will hugely improve our racing. i am on a CRT and therefore have a tiny advantage under 60fps.

60fps will be a huge advantage for people with a LCD since it will take out the delays that exist in any frame.

i totally recommend 60fps.

in addition: the CPU load is only slightly higher (less than 50%) and u dont even need to fuzz around with gem/igor:

u can simply use a created gpl exe. i have one with pribluda on. just use the new exe.

anyways, 60fps should not be unconsidered for next year.

i myself said previously that we dont need to introduce it 2010. but after i tested it yesterday with carsten i see now reason against it. there are also no problems with it.

see the readme: the very new mosport also works with it.
and gpl 1.3
and pribluda
and rasterizers version 2
and gplra ( i even made a racing groove from my 60 fps lap).
my driving is the same within less than 0.1 seconds.

sorry for so many arguments FOR 60fps, but that is how it was the last days and is.

29.11.2009, 13:10  
Olaf Lehmann

Herkunft: Lichtenstein
2167 Beiträge

Also, ich hab schon ein Problem mit 60fps.
Die Lenkradtastenbelegung funktioniert damit bei mir nicht. Und für mich ist schon wichtig F10 aufs Lenkrad zu haben.

Bei mir wars übrigens so: Ich hatte die 60er version installiert und war spontan begeistert. Alles sah deutlich flüssiger aus. Nach kurzer Zeit bin ich wegen des andern Problems zurück zu 36fps. Dann bin ich auf die Idee gekommen meine "Bildschirmhertzzahl" auf 72 Hertz (das doppelte von 36) einzustellen. Seitdem läuft die Normalversion auch flüssig.
Ich hab übrigens keinen LCD Bildschirm. Stimmt das, dass die nur mit 60Hertz laufen? Wenn ja dürfte die 60er Version mit denselben von Vorteil sein.

Gruß Olaf

29.11.2009, 16:43  
Adnan Dizdarevic

258 Beiträge

Aemm, gibt es schon 2010 Aenderungen zu lesen?

Gruesse,

Adnan

29.11.2009, 18:17  
Adnan Dizdarevic

258 Beiträge

Geht klar. Gefunden!

29.11.2009, 18:18  
Jens Kraft

Herkunft:
4457 Beiträge

also olaf, es müsste eigtl egal sein, was du für ne bildschirmfrequenz hast. es sei denn du hast V sync auf ON. das ist das schlimmste was man machen kann.

tfts haben nur das digital 60hz signal.

du kannst auch 120hz aufm monitor nehmen. aber ich habe 85hz.

das ist ... top. weil ich kein vsync habe.

fertig, so einfach läuft der patch.

edit:
ich weiss nciht was der 60er mit der tastenbelegung von gplshift oder logitech oder sosntwas zu tun haben soll.

carsten sagte gerade eben:
du hast den logitech profiler vermutlich auf der gpl.exe stehen und gem nutzt die gplc67.exe.

wenn der 60fps nicht bei allen auf anhieb läuft ists kein grund sich dagegen auszusprechen. gpl hat in der vergangenheit im 36fps modus auch ab und an das eine oder andere workaround gebraucht. wenn überhaupt. aber durch den 60er entstehen keine neuen probleme. es ist ein und das selbe programm.

29.11.2009, 22:02  
Christian Hatzenbichler

Herkunft: Oberösterreich, Molln
1610 Beiträge

der grund, den 60 frames patch nicht zu nehmen ist für die admins einfach und klar. er ist in unseren augen nach wievor nicht ausgereift (betaversion), wurde nicht in verbindung mit den anderen patches verwendet usw.

offizielle stellungnahme der EOLC-Admins: wir behalten den 60frames im auge für die saison 2011, aber heuer geht da noch nichts.

lg, hatzi

PS: mein LCD-schirm hat garnichts gegen 36 frames...

29.11.2009, 22:24  
Jens Kraft

Herkunft:
4457 Beiträge

Es gibt Menschen, die können den Unterschied nicht wahrnehmen, weil sie eine andere Wahrnehmung haben. 36fps ist ja ein Schwellenwert. 80% reden davon, dass sie nach 60fps nicht mehr umsteigen wöllten, müssen es aber, da die anderen Server eben nur auf 36fps laufen.
Andere wiederum nehmen keinen UNterschied wahr.
Der UNterschied, den ich gesehen habe, war für mich sehr groß.
Vergiß nicht, dass es auch noch um andere Argumente geht: Weniger Kollisionen, minderschwere crashs, kein GPL-fliegen der Autos mehr.

Mit dem PAtch V2 wurden letzte Probleme, die in Ausnahmefällen mit MODS auftreten könnten, behoben.

Der Patch nennt sich zwar BEta, ist aber genauso zuverlässig wie der Rest von GPL.

Ich sagte ja vorher: an den Schnittstellen wurde nichts geändert. (wichtiges Argument)

Wenn die Admins das so entschieden haben, gilt es nunmal so.

Schade nur, wir verpassen etwas:
Das Mißtrauen hätte durch Informieren über Tatsachen gegen Null abgebaut werden können. (Die StabilitätLiegt im GPL-Normbereich, damit gibts keinen Unterschied).
- Der Mosport Rain track würde speziell auf 60fps getestet und läuft auch ...-

Aber 2011 kommt ja (endlich irgendwann). Und solange bleiben wir GPL treu!

30.11.2009, 11:00  
Manfred Haupenthal

Herkunft: Saarland
181 Beiträge

60FPS ist schon Klasse.
Mit vielen Autos auf der Strecke hab ich aber leichte Ruckler und Frame-Einbrüche auf 45FPS.Mein Rechner ist so schwach nun auch nicht.Iracing geht bei mir mit vollem Grid mit 70FPS.Ist wahrscheinlich aber nur das bekannte Grafikkartenproblem bei GPL.
Das Fahren ist mit 60FPS deutlich angenehmer, wenn aber viele nicht mehr mitfahren können weil der Rechner zu schwach ist, sollte man besser noch abwarten. Ich fände es es toll, wenn ein Server mit 60FPS laufen würde(z.B. EOLC5).
Am besten mit Monza.
Da wäre eine rege Teilnahme garantiert und man könnte alles in Ruhe austesten.

Gruss Manfred

30.11.2009, 14:14  
Carsten Theile

Herkunft: Dresden
3884 Beiträge

Danke für das Feedback, Manfred

02.12.2009, 01:09  
Jens Kraft

Herkunft:
4457 Beiträge

joa, also wo bleibt denn nu der server?

Selbst Ackermann, der nichtservermensch, lol, hat gestern einen aufgemacht. läuft eigentlich immer. ich wäre wirklich dafür, mal zu testen, was das fürn fehler ist, oder ob manni nur n schwaches system hat.

welches betriebssystem hast du, manni?

Jens

02.12.2009, 10:26  
Manfred Haupenthal

Herkunft: Saarland
181 Beiträge

Ich hab XP Jens.Ich hab die Probleme aber erst seit ich vom Laptop auf Desktop PC gewechselt hab. Selbst mit 36FPS hab ich Probleme. Hab mir die falsche Grafikkarte gekauft(ATI 4850 mit 1GB). Ist ein Problem mit dem Stromsparmodus.(Nur bei GPL).
Ist jetz aber OT.Dafür gibts ja schon genug Threads.

Gruss Manfred

02.12.2009, 10:45  

Read-only archive of the EOLC forum powered by: Burning Board 1.1.1b © 2002 WoltLab GbR