Beitrag
Radek Petera

Herkunft:
535 Beiträge
  Rules - question 

I've found this rule :

Only drivers who were shown
the checked flag get a score.

Does it means, that when you crash in the last lap, you will not get the points ? Although GPL will clasify you (according to F1 rules in sixties (and today too)) ?

15.02.2009, 22:12  
Marcus Wiersig

Herkunft: Freiberg (Sachsen)
1035 Beiträge

Yes Radek,

even in Iron Man.
There were several cases when drivers crashed in last lap.
The rule is to end the race. If you don´t see the checked flag you get no points.

regards Marcus

15.02.2009, 23:39  
Olaf Lehmann

Herkunft: Lichtenstein
2167 Beiträge

Hello Radek,

Because you dont understand german (and so something not realize) a little bit detailed.
For any weeks in race forum was a discussion. Some drivers are wondering about that rule.
Also the admins have discuss that rule when we planing the season 2009. The majority of admins wouldnt change that rule. Concentration till the checked flag has an high priority in eolc.

But we know that any driver has an other opinion. Because a admin has an separate opinion too I must say I agree with that. But changing this rule is not so easy like it seems. If we would say: No checked flag rule; 90% race distance (finished laps) we had the problem that it could be the following: A driver in GridA has less than 90% laps finished. So he got no points. If he had driven in GridB he had points by the same performance. I mean that would be more bad than the checked rule.

I see two possibilitys:

Possibility1: Drivers that where shown the checked flag OR have finished 90% (or 95%, or any value between 90% and 95%)) of laps get a score.

Possibility2: Drivers that where shown the checked flag OR has finished the same or more numbers of laps as the last driver that where shown the checked flag get a score.

But we can not change this rule during this season. In the first races this season it has hit chiefly admins (Patrick in ModCup). If we has changed this rule spontaneous, we know what our drivers say or think. But for next season we discuss that rule too...as the time is right now.

Greetings Olaf

16.02.2009, 10:10  

Read-only archive of the EOLC forum powered by: Burning Board 1.1.1b © 2002 WoltLab GbR